We are eagerly anticipating the joy of in-person celebrations and would like to set expectations properly. Reopening will not mean an immediate return to our practices prior to suspension of public Masses. Your patience, understanding and cooperation are appreciated. Some things to be aware of as Mass resumes:
- A general dispensation from the Sunday Mass obligation will remain in place.
- Anyone attending Mass does so at their own risk. Vulnerable, at-risk and otherwise concerned persons should remain home.
- Livestreaming of Masses will continue.
- Masses will be kept short. No congregational singing.
- Physical distancing will be maintained (except among people from the same household).
- Masks are required.
- Communion distributed after the final blessing.
- No Sign of Peace, no distribution of the Precious Blood, no holy water in fonts, no collection will be taken (baskets can be placed at entrance).
This short list is not complete but only begins to paint a picture of how our return to the celebration of Mass will look. These resources provide more details: