- Scholarship Opportunity
21 Apr 2018
The Ferndale Knights of Columbus are again offer scholarships to graduating seniors who attend the Catholic Churches of Whatcom County. Deadline is May 25th, 2018. Contact Greg Thomsen at 360-325-5948 for more information.
- Adopt a flower bed!
21 Apr 2018
We have several nice little flower beds that would love for you to adopt them for the summer. Help keep the church grounds beautiful with this family-friendly activity. Please contact Nita or Pete for details.
- Pilgrimage to Greece Canceled
14 Mar 2018
The pilgrimage to Greece has been canceled. We didn’t get enough sign ups to make it happen this year.
- Sunday Gospel reflection: Be a symbol of love for your own ‘flock’ April 20, 2018In certain European countries sheep are raised principally for their meat; in ancient Israel they were raised above all for wool and milk. For this reason they remained for many years in the company of the shepherd, who knew the character of each one and gave them affectionate names. Jesus knew shepherds and had much […]Living with Christ
- Be inspired by St. Anselm, Bishop and Doctor of the Church April 20, 2018St. Anselm (circa 1033–1109) was a Benedictine monk, archbishop, abbot, philosopher, and theologian. Pope Clement XI named St. Anselm a doctor of the church in 1720. Be inspired by these short reflections from this great saint. St. Anselm, pray for us! I do not try, Lord, to attain your lofty heights, because my understanding is […]Geoffrey LaForce
- Sunday Gospel reflection: Be more than a passive bystander! April 13, 2018Those disciples — they’re so slow to catch on to what the Risen Jesus is saying. Time after time, their faith is shaken. Their certainty fades. They second-guess themselves. Even when Jesus appears before their very eyes, they are confused or afraid or overwhelmed. I can understand their reaction. In some ways, I’m a lot […]Living with Christ
- Sunday Gospel reflection: Let Jesus heal your wounds April 6, 2018Thomas did something we would all like to do. It would be so much easier to believe if we could touch and see the wounds of Christ. Yet, the wounds of Christ are present every day in many different ways. I can still touch them; perhaps I just fail to see them. We are all […]Living with Christ
- St. Isidore of Seville: Ancient scholar, patron saint of the internet for many April 4, 2018The internet is ubiquitous in our day to day lives, a tool without which our contemporary world would not be able to function. It is an indispensable part of our modern lifestyle, something we engage with every day. It is a diverse creation, capable of giving us incredible information and relieving the burdens of once […]Sean Sullivan
- 10 ways to help a pregnant mom in need April 19, 2018Unfortunately, unplanned pregnancies are often seen in a negative light in society. For those of us who face them while married and in good health and financial status, an unplanned pregnancy might add a few months of unplanned stress to our lives, but we also know that it can and will add years of unplanned […]Nancy Flanders
- What to expect from the babysitter April 16, 2018Q: What’s with babysitters these days? I have hired at least a half-dozen teenaged girls in the past two years, and the issues that have arisen have led me to conclude that it’s not worth the trouble for my husband and me to go out for an evening. One sitter posted pictures of my kids in […]Marybeth Hicks
- 10 family Mass rules April 3, 2018This year it will be a quarter of a century since my wife and I brought our first child to Mass for the first time. Every Sunday Mass since, with the exception of a business trip, retreat or getaway here and there, we have knelt, stood, and sat next to children of all ages. Nine […]Tom Hoopes
- An Easter treat: Homemade fudge Easter eggs March 27, 2018“In the beginning, the eggs weren’t so pretty, but the kids loved them,” Kimbrough, a resident of Nampa, Idaho, told Catholic Digest. “My late husband loved my eggs; I had to make sure he had the same amount in his basket as our children’s.” Kimbrough’s husband passed away in 2009, and now one of her […]Lori Hadacek Chaplin
- What’s so bad about wanting to be rich? March 1, 2018Q. Whenever we ask our 13-year-old son what he wants to be when he grows up, he says, “All I want to be is rich.” Our son’s fixation on money and materialism bothers us. He never talks about how he’ll achieve his goal of wealth or what he’ll contribute to the world in his pursuit of […]Marybeth Hicks