- Help Wanted
30 Apr 2018
We are in urgent need for someone to help with weed eating. This can be done at your convenience. Please contact Nita or Pete Harksell to volunteer.
- Daily Mass Cancelation
25 Apr 2018
The following daily Masses have been cancelled: Saturday, April 28 @ 9:00am & Tuesday, May 1 @ 6:00pm. We are sorry for the inconvenience!
- Scholarship Opportunity
21 Apr 2018
The Ferndale Knights of Columbus are again offer scholarships to graduating seniors who attend the Catholic Churches of Whatcom County. Deadline is May 25th, 2018. Contact Greg Thomsen at 360-325-5948 for more information.
- A prayer for deceased military May 25, 2018Prayer for Memorial Day (Last Monday in May) God of power and mercy, you destroy war and put down earthly pride. Banish violence from our midst and wipe away our tears, that we may all deserve to be called your sons and daughters. Keep in your mercy those men and women who have died in […]Catholic Digest
- Sunday Gospel reflection: Witness to the reality of the Trinity May 25, 2018One of my most treasured possessions is a beautiful painting by an artist friend in which she attempts to depict the Trinity through the glowing light of three white candles. Generations of artists, writers, and scholars have struggled to express this great mystery of our faith, the God who is Three-in-One. Symbols for the Trinity […]Living with Christ
- IndyCar’s priest May 24, 2018It’s 3:56 a.m. as Fr. Glenn O’Connor weaves his SUV through the darkened streets of Indianapolis. On most Sundays Fr. Glenn tends to his 1,400 families as pastor of St. Susanna Parish in nearby Plainfield, Indiana, but on this day, the fourth Sunday in May 2017, he is taking his ministry to one of the […]Dave Eck
- May: Cyril and Methodius – What’s behind that funny writing? May 22, 2018For once, you have probably heard of these saints with funny names whose feast day the Eastern churches celebrate on May 11. These two brothers, who hailed from the ancient Greek city of Thessalonica, are well beloved by Catholics of both East and West, as well as by Orthodox Christians and even by many Anglicans […]Susie Lloyd
- Sunday Gospel reflection: Share the Holy Spirit’s gifts! May 18, 2018The Holy Spirit is throwing a birthday party and we — all of Christ’s followers — are invited. It’s Pentecost, the Church’s birthday. Pentecost can be for us a time of renewal, of recreation, as we open up the birthday presents the Spirit gives. There are gifts of teaching and preaching, so that all may […]Living with Christ
- Catholic Digest gift guide: Catechists and teachers May 16, 2018Does your child have a beloved Catholic teacher or a catechist? Show that dedicated teacher how much you care by gifting him or her with a token of appreciation. Here are eight teacher-friendly gifts all under $25. Prayers and Devotions The Prayers and Devotions (Pauline Books & Media, 2015) pocket prayer book — originally released as a […]Lori Hadacek Chaplin
- Without a mother, I can’t enjoy Mother’s Day May 11, 2018Even though my four children spoil me on Mother’s Day, this day is always tinged with sadness for me because my mom, Sharon, passed away nearly seven years ago. She died from breast cancer two months shy of her 70th birthday. Mother’s Day always reminds me how there’s an empty space in my heart. It’s […]Lori Hadacek Chaplin
- Catholic Digest gift guide: Mom’s day gifts that please and pamper May 3, 2018What are you buying your mom for Mother’s Day? If you’re looking for presents that will please and pamper her, then check out these eight elegant or useful gifts chosen especially for moms. Fran’s Gray & Smoked Salt Caramels Fran’s fair trade, organic Gray & Smoked Salt Caramels dipped in chocolate are little rectangles of […]Lori Hadacek Chaplin
- Let the little children come April 24, 2018“Hi, Jesus! I love you, too, Jesus! Mmm …” my oldest daughter blows Jesus a kiss as we drive past a Catholic church on the way to a play date. Normally, I initiate the ritual, but she does it on her own today. The motion is natural to her, effortless. She knows that Jesus is […]Michele Chronister
- 10 ways to help a pregnant mom in need April 19, 2018Unfortunately, unplanned pregnancies are often seen in a negative light in society. For those of us who face them while married and in good health and financial status, an unplanned pregnancy might add a few months of unplanned stress to our lives, but we also know that it can and will add years of unplanned […]Nancy Flanders