- Help Wanted
30 Apr 2018
We are in urgent need for someone to help with weed eating. This can be done at your convenience. Please contact Nita or Pete Harksell to volunteer.
- Daily Mass Cancelation
25 Apr 2018
The following daily Masses have been cancelled: Saturday, April 28 @ 9:00am & Tuesday, May 1 @ 6:00pm. We are sorry for the inconvenience!
- Scholarship Opportunity
21 Apr 2018
The Ferndale Knights of Columbus are again offer scholarships to graduating seniors who attend the Catholic Churches of Whatcom County. Deadline is May 25th, 2018. Contact Greg Thomsen at 360-325-5948 for more information.
- May: Cyril and Methodius – What’s behind that funny writing? May 22, 2018For once, you have probably heard of these saints with funny names whose feast day the Eastern churches celebrate on May 11. These two brothers, who hailed from the ancient Greek city of Thessalonica, are well beloved by Catholics of both East and West, as well as by Orthodox Christians and even by many Anglicans […]Susie Lloyd
- Sunday Gospel reflection: Share the Holy Spirit’s gifts! May 18, 2018The Holy Spirit is throwing a birthday party and we — all of Christ’s followers — are invited. It’s Pentecost, the Church’s birthday. Pentecost can be for us a time of renewal, of recreation, as we open up the birthday presents the Spirit gives. There are gifts of teaching and preaching, so that all may […]Living with Christ
- Prayers for priests, deacons May 18, 2018Prayer for newly ordained priests O Jesus, our great High Priest, hear our humble prayers on behalf of your priests, Father ___. Give them a deep faith, a bright and firm hope, and a burning love which will ever increase in the course of their priestly lives. In their loneliness, comfort them; in their sorrows, strengthen […]Geoffrey LaForce
- Mother of the Church May 17, 2018Everyone has a mother. Yes, the mother who gave them birth in the physical order of life. But Christian believers have another mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary, in the spiritual order of grace. Jesus willed to give Mary as a mother to the early Church, when, from the cross, he looked at his mother and […]Fr. Edward Looney
- Five tips for spiritual spring cleaning! May 14, 2018When the weather starts to turn warmer, a great event typically takes place in my house — spring cleaning. With the windows wide open to let the fresh air blow through the house, I clean, scrub, organize, donate, and simplify my home where nine of us dwell. In our own spiritual life, we, too, need […]Emily Jaminet
- Catholic Digest gift guide: Catechists and teachers May 16, 2018Does your child have a beloved Catholic teacher or a catechist? Show that dedicated teacher how much you care by gifting him or her with a token of appreciation. Here are eight teacher-friendly gifts all under $25. Prayers and Devotions The Prayers and Devotions (Pauline Books & Media, 2015) pocket prayer book — originally released as a […]Lori Hadacek Chaplin
- Without a mother, I can’t enjoy Mother’s Day May 11, 2018Even though my four children spoil me on Mother’s Day, this day is always tinged with sadness for me because my mom, Sharon, passed away nearly seven years ago. She died from breast cancer two months shy of her 70th birthday. Mother’s Day always reminds me how there’s an empty space in my heart. It’s […]Lori Hadacek Chaplin
- Catholic Digest gift guide: Mom’s day gifts that please and pamper May 3, 2018What are you buying your mom for Mother’s Day? If you’re looking for presents that will please and pamper her, then check out these eight elegant or useful gifts chosen especially for moms. Fran’s Gray & Smoked Salt Caramels Fran’s fair trade, organic Gray & Smoked Salt Caramels dipped in chocolate are little rectangles of […]Lori Hadacek Chaplin
- Let the little children come April 24, 2018“Hi, Jesus! I love you, too, Jesus! Mmm …” my oldest daughter blows Jesus a kiss as we drive past a Catholic church on the way to a play date. Normally, I initiate the ritual, but she does it on her own today. The motion is natural to her, effortless. She knows that Jesus is […]Michele Chronister
- 10 ways to help a pregnant mom in need April 19, 2018Unfortunately, unplanned pregnancies are often seen in a negative light in society. For those of us who face them while married and in good health and financial status, an unplanned pregnancy might add a few months of unplanned stress to our lives, but we also know that it can and will add years of unplanned […]Nancy Flanders